Private Home Care Services & Interactive Caregiving™ in Fredericksburg, VA and Surrounding Areas
Our distinctive approach to in-home care is at the very heart of our private home care services philosophy. We call this Interactive Caregiving.
Comfort Keepers® private home care services can aid in enriching your loved one’s quality of life while helping him or her continue to live independently. Through Interactive Caregiving, we find ways to involve your loved one through engaging activities and caring interaction. This style of in-home caregiving is multidimensional and goes beyond the typical companion care services.
What Is the Interactive Caregiving Difference?
Each senior has his or her own unique needs, personality, dislikes and desires. Our professional, trained client care coordinators and nurses take this into consideration when creating unique in-home care plans for each senior. They take into account the emotional, social, physical, and mental wellbeing of each senior and look for ways to enhance those characteristics to help contribute to a longer, healthier life. The client care manager then pairs the senior with a caregiver, called a Comfort Keeper®, who matches the personality of the senior.
Interactive Caregiving operates on four primary components of private home care services, which our Comfort Keepers put to work as they care for, engage, and interact with their clients:
- An active senior mind promotes independence and better mental health.
- A well-nourished senior is more energetic, both physically and mentally.
- Physical activity helps seniors maintain muscle tone and range of motion.
- Safe home environments reduce the likelihood of accidents and falls.
In order to life to the fullest, we believe you need to focus on all aspects of a senior’s overall wellbeing. How do we accomplish this through Interactive Caregiving? We do so through engagement:
- Discussing current events or personal interests
- Reminiscing through scrapbooks and photo albums
- Participating in exercise classes, dance classes, or walks around the neighborhood
- Exploring painting, crafts, new hobbies, and puzzles
- Attending concerts, church, organization meetings, or plays together
- Singing favorite tunes or learning a new instrument
Essential personal care is always a vital service we provide for your loved one. However, our Interactive Caregiving approach adds a unique element to each senior’s normal routine. We want to enable seniors to pursue activities that most interest them and bring happiness to their lives. Our Interactive Caregiving, as well as our personal care services, gives your senior a comprehensive in-home care experience.
Contact us today at (540) 212-9707 or schedule your free in-home consultation so we can meet with you and your loved one to create a personalized private home care services plan.
Comfort Keepers is proud to serve the following areas of Virginia:
304 Westwood Office Park, Fredericksburg, VA 22401