Back to Article List
Daily “Cup of Joe” Provides Health and Wellbeing Benefits for Seniors
Mar 9, 2017 by Comfort Keepers of Fredericksburg
Coffee is a major part of many morning routines. Over 50% of the population drink at least one cup of coffee a day and the consumption of coffee from seniors is even higher. Typically, it is argued that coffee has negative effects, but with new research, it has been proven that coffee has more advantages to seniors’ health.
Benefits of Drinking Coffee
Drinking coffee in moderation can help improve the wellbeing of your loved ones. Coffee is full of caffeine and antioxidants which have a positive effect on seniors.
- Enhanced Neurological Function—Coffee can improve cognitive abilities when performing complex tasks which helps keep seniors focused. It improves memory, attention span, and reaction time, as well as boosts mood and energy.
- Lowered Risk of Type 2 Diabetes—The antioxidants that are in coffee can reduce the chances of developing type 2 diabetes, if the coffee is not loaded with sugars and creamers.
- Reduce Risk of Degenerative Diseases—Most effective when consumed on a regular basis and at least 2 cups per day, coffee can help reduce the risk of developing diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
- Increased Liver Protection—Drinking at least 2 to 3 cups of coffee a day can have a positive effect on the liver. From the caffeine to the antioxidants found in coffee, drinking it daily can reduce the risk of cirrhosis and fatty liver disease by up to 80%.
- Arthritis Pain—Coffee contains antioxidants that contain anti-inflammatory properties that can help alleviate the pain caused by arthritis. It also can help fight against cell damage, which can cause pain in the joints.
How Comfort Keepers® Can Help
Comfort Keepers® can help your aging loved one in Fredericksburg with their daily coffee intake. Our compassionate, professional Comfort Keepers® can assist in preparing coffee, and keeping your loved one happy, healthy, and independent. With around-the-clock care or just a just enough time for companionship with a cup of coffee throughout the week, our caregivers provide the help and support they need.
Contact us today by calling (540)205-8743 or clicking here, for more information about our Comfort Keepers and their services.