Senior Community Organizations and Associations
These local businesses can help an in home caregiver provide quality senior care in Fredericksburg, VA
Comfort Keepers is dedicated to providing high quality senior care for your loved ones in Fredericksburg, VA. We understand that nobody wants to leave the security of their own home as they age. That is why we offer in home senior care that is personalized to suit your loved one’s needs. Our professional in home caregiver will help around the house, prepare meals, keep track of medication, assist with hygiene, and most importantly become a trusted companion.
We also enable our clients to engage with their community by working with several local organizations that benefit seniors and raise their quality of life. Seniors can accompany their in home caregiver to some local businesses of historic Fredericksburg including:
- Fredericksburg Farmers Market - The original market is located in Hurkamp Park, in the historic downtown of Fredericksburg. Seniors can walk and enjoy the fresh air while browsing fresh fruit, bread, meat, vegetables, and local wines from 28 local merchants. Other locations include the Mayfield Market and the Mary Washington Healthcare Market.
- Beck’s Antiques & Books - Beck’s is a traditional antique shop in historic Fredericksburg, Virginia. Owners Bill and Susan Beck have been in the antiques business full time since 1973. Their focus is historical items from early Virginia, but they have expanded to include furniture, ceramics, glass, books, art, jewelry, and metalwork from across the world.
- Bacchus Winery and Tasting Room - The Oenologist of Bacchus Winery, Hal, is dedicated to teaching the art of winemaking, including aspects of history, geography, biology, psychology, and chemistry. There you can buy professionally crafted wine, wine-making supplies, brew on site, attend tasting events, or take classes to learn how to make your very own wine at home or on site at the brewery.
- Backdoor Gallery - Artist Carolyn Bookout started the Backdoor Gallery in 2009 in order to showcase the work of local Fredericksburg artists. With help from an in home caregiver, seniors can purchase local art from the gift shop, watch for upcoming workshops and events, and sign up for art classes for all ages and experience levels.
- Hallowed Ground Tours - Contact G. Scott Walker to arrange a personal tour of historic Civil War sites in Fredericksburg, VA and the surrounding areas of Spotsylvania and Stafford Counties. Each tour will be tailored to be appropriately informative and to meet your group’s particular needs.
- Ron Rosner Family YMCA - The Spotsylvania Family YMCA opened as a full facility in July 2003, and was renamed after Ron Rosner in 2009. Seniors and people of all ages can stay active with access to the gym, pool, spinning room, fitness center, and aerobics studio. The Y is dedicated to making sure the local community is healthy and connected.
If you'd like to ask any questions about our senior care services or the organizations that we collaborate with, please Contact Us or give us a call at (540) 205-8743.